About Me

My photo
I'm Shannon and I am applying for THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD. I am an outgoing, self-motivated, funny girl who loves to travel. After graduating from the University of Toronto with a degree in Theatre and English, I lived in Australia for one year. During that time I spent 6 months living in the Northern Territory; three months in the mining town of Nhulunbuy on the Gulf of Carpenteria, one month in Darwin and two months in Alice Springs. I did spend some time in Queensland, I LOVED Townsville and Rockhampton and Great Kepple Island. I had the opportunity to dive the Great Barrier Reef and I learned to surf. I sailed the Whitsunday Islands and am KEENLY aware of what I will be missing out on if I don't get to experience Hamilton Island for myself. On this blog I will be writing about me, my past travel experiences and hopefully showing everyone why I am the best candidate for THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD! If you would like to email me you can reach me at shannontheislandgirl@rogers.com If it takes me some time to respond to your email, it's just because I'm busy packing my bags! See you on the island!

The Island Girl's Videos

Sunday, February 8, 2009

I just keep on Learning!

I am totally amazed by everyone who is applying for this amazing job. I have just learned about NING and joined their community made up of others looking to work as the Island Caretaker.

You can see my profile HERE.

I have also signed up for Twitter. I think that I'm going to have to look around this site a bit more. Do people really care what I am doing in short sentences? I'm not sure they do but I'm going to keep learning. The best part of this application process has been all the new skills I have learned.
Before this experience I had never written a blog, never edited a video, and I knew nothing about all of these incredible online communities.

Next I'm going to tackle the video blog!

0 comments: