About Me

My photo
I'm Shannon and I am applying for THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD. I am an outgoing, self-motivated, funny girl who loves to travel. After graduating from the University of Toronto with a degree in Theatre and English, I lived in Australia for one year. During that time I spent 6 months living in the Northern Territory; three months in the mining town of Nhulunbuy on the Gulf of Carpenteria, one month in Darwin and two months in Alice Springs. I did spend some time in Queensland, I LOVED Townsville and Rockhampton and Great Kepple Island. I had the opportunity to dive the Great Barrier Reef and I learned to surf. I sailed the Whitsunday Islands and am KEENLY aware of what I will be missing out on if I don't get to experience Hamilton Island for myself. On this blog I will be writing about me, my past travel experiences and hopefully showing everyone why I am the best candidate for THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD! If you would like to email me you can reach me at shannontheislandgirl@rogers.com If it takes me some time to respond to your email, it's just because I'm busy packing my bags! See you on the island!

The Island Girl's Videos

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Travel Stories - The Introduction


I love to travel. If you know me already, you know that. If you have just met me...Hi. Nice to meet you. My name is Shannon and I love to travel. I'll go anywhere. Any time. Really. It's true. What do you like to do?

Although this is my first blog, while I was traveling I did write home often about my adventures. Blogging sans blog, really. My grandmother, bless her cotton socks, has saved all of my emails, letters and post cards from all of my travels. Over the next few days I will be using these to post my travel stories here for all to read...not just those people whose email address I already have. I believe that your world is not complete until you have read about being attacked by a camel and my time living in Arnhem Land.

I will start with the most recent trip, (a Birthday extravaganza in Italy, France and England), and work backwards through South East Asia and Fiji, New Zealand and Australia. So stay tuned and read on about my travels as Shannon - The Island Girl.

1 comments:

pDogg February 21, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

Awesome! Here's mine, it rocks- literally!
http://www.islandreefjob.com/#/applicants/watch/kQzXTMfDLpA
-P