About Me

My photo
I'm Shannon and I am applying for THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD. I am an outgoing, self-motivated, funny girl who loves to travel. After graduating from the University of Toronto with a degree in Theatre and English, I lived in Australia for one year. During that time I spent 6 months living in the Northern Territory; three months in the mining town of Nhulunbuy on the Gulf of Carpenteria, one month in Darwin and two months in Alice Springs. I did spend some time in Queensland, I LOVED Townsville and Rockhampton and Great Kepple Island. I had the opportunity to dive the Great Barrier Reef and I learned to surf. I sailed the Whitsunday Islands and am KEENLY aware of what I will be missing out on if I don't get to experience Hamilton Island for myself. On this blog I will be writing about me, my past travel experiences and hopefully showing everyone why I am the best candidate for THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD! If you would like to email me you can reach me at shannontheislandgirl@rogers.com If it takes me some time to respond to your email, it's just because I'm busy packing my bags! See you on the island!

The Island Girl's Videos

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where do we go from here? (Sung in the tune of Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Tourism Queensland has posted THIS information about the shortlisting process. Apparently potential Top 50 applicants will receive an email on Thursday February 26 Queensland time, to undergo some kind of psychometric testing. It's almost 1am here in Toronto. That makes it....4pm in Queensland. By the time I wake up it won't be Thursday in Queensland any more. If I haven't heard anything at that time does that mean that I'm out? I'm not ready for this to be done. I will wake up in less than 9 hours. If I only have 9 hours left on this journey what does that mean? Should I stay awake all night? What will I do with myself? As they sang in Buffy, "Where do we go from here"? I have two things that give me hope:

1. As far as I can tell, no one on NING has yet to receive an email either. There are no forum discussions yet about actually having to do the test. Maybe they are not allowed to disclose, however, so far so quiet on the NING front.
2. I was mentioned in another article! The same site that garnered me my first comment on this blog has quoted me in an article. You can see it HERE

But really, where do we go from here? If we don't get the email, or if we do get the email and then don't end up as one of the top 50, what now? What will you do from here? Have you been inspired to move in a different direction in your life?

1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 26, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Ah, I'm with you Shannon, as if this whole thing could be any MORE of an emotional rollercoaster!

I'm pinning my hopes on them processing the videos in the order they were submitted (mine was a late entry). Maybe they will send out the test invites as they encounter clips with potential?

Even then, it's still time-critical if the test results are going to influence the choice of shortlistees. I think I need a lie down....